At Moppe we want children to feel happy, safe and valued so they develop an enthusiasm for learning, the ability to be self-motivated and the confidence to persevere; to approach life flexibly and creatively; to respect themselves and others and grow into responsible members of the community.
Learning a second language at an early age:
- Positively affects intellectual growth.
- Enriches and enhances a child's mental development.
- Leaves students with more flexibility in thinking, greater sensitivity to language, and a better ear for listening.
- Improves a child's understanding of his or her native language.
- Gives a child the ability to communicate with people s/he would otherwise not have the chance to know.
- Opens the door to other cultures and helps a child understand and appreciate people from other countries.
- Gives a student a head start in language requirements for college.
- Increases job opportunities in many careers where knowing another language is a real asset.
This site has been designed not only to give information about the school but to provide access to learning resources to help raise our student's educational attainment. It is, however, still under development and new pages are being added all the time.
Moppe - Mission Statement
Aims for Pupils
- Achieve their full potential through the curriculum.
- Develop their individual talents and positively work on improving identified areas for development.
- Become independent "Life Long Learners".
- Celebrate and learn from difference.
- Use the school as a training ground to be caring and committed to the needs of others who may have different.
- Life experiences and apply that knowledge to life outside the school.
- Be committed to equality of opportunity.
Aims for School
The school will provide:
- A broad and balanced challenging curriculum.
- An enriching programme of extra-curricular activities.
- A stimulating learning environment.
- A rich and varied and up to date range of learning resources.
- Innovative teaching and opportunities for independent learning.
- An ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to succeed.
- Opportunities to maximise individual talent.
- Opportunities to take responsibility for decisions which add value to the school and the wider community.
- An all inclusive strategy that takes into account the different needs of individuals.
Conheça alguns projetos e atividades desenvolvidos pelo Smart International Program: